How to Legally Blog about Young Living Products
What do I need to do to be able to blog about Young Living products as a distributor? There are a few things that need to be done before posting about Young Living products. I am new to blogging and wanted to write about how I use my Young Living products in my home. There is a certain way to set up the page, but I didn’t know the specifics. I am here to share with you what I have learned so you can also blog about these products the right way! I am not a lawyer or expert on this, I am just a distributor who has done my own research on the Young Living website.
8 Steps to setting up your blog for Young Living Products
- The first thing you need to do is make sure to pick a domain name that is easy to read, remember, and not to specific. Make sure it does not have the works Young Living in there, or any of the product names that have the trademark symbol. An example would be (lexi-thieves-workshop.com). This would be an example of what not to do.
- Next, you need to be able to provide good content on your page! When creating good content for your site, you will attract followers over time. Be sure to create a webpage that is unique to your niche and style, do not copy the style of the Young Living Essential Oils website.
- To get readers to sign up, you want them to know you are a Young Living Independent Member so you can provide information on how they can sign up as a member of your downline. When adding content to your website, be sure to add the Independent Member logo and your member number in a location that is easy to find right away. You can only add that logo; all other trademark logos are not allowed.
- When writing about products, you can go to the Virtual Office and provide the most current product descriptions, product images, and literature. They also have images available for use. Make sure to reference where you got those images and descriptions.
- As you write blog posts about Young Living Products, be sure to only promote their products on that page. Do not advertise any other companies.
- If you want to add product claims and testimonials, they need to comply with all state and federal regulations.
- And last, the disclosure statement. A full copy of the Income Disclosure Statement or link needs to be provided when you mention the compensation plan or make any type of income. The link to the disclosure statement is (YoungLiving.com/IDS)
- For more information on how to properly set up your website, please visit your virtual office and you can access the rules there.
I hope you found this information helpful so you were able to properly set up your blog! If you would like more information about Young Living Products or other health-related topics, please subscribe to my webpage. Alexis Wall | Love Living Joyfully